Ohio motorcycle driver resources
Are you an experienced motorcycle rider, new to motorcycling or an instructor? Looking for details on Ohio motorcycle laws and rules, safety plans, operator manuals and NHTSA national standards? Here are all the details you might need compiled by motorcycle accident attorneys Contrada and Associates.
- Ohio Administrative Codes: You’ll find Ohio Department of Public Safety Codes, definitions, administrative actions and inspection details.
- Ohio Motorcycle Safety Strategic Plan: Details on Impaired Riding, Personal Protective Equipment, Training and Education, Licensing, Motorist Education, Highway and Environment, Partnerships.
- Ohio Motorcycle Operator Manual: This is a supplement to the digest of Ohio Motor Vehicle Laws – a very detailed 80-page document.
- Model National Standards for Entry-Level Motorcycle Rider Training (from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration): Specific, strong, and measurable education standards to ensure students receive the level of information and experience to properly prepare for real world riding situations.
Training Grant Applications
Are you a motorcycle instructor? Here are your training grant application process details:
- See the latest Motorcycle Ohio Training Grant Application Guidelines
- Apply for the Motorcycle Ohio Training Grant
- Details on applying for the Motorcycle Ohio Training Grant
Facts about Motorcycle Accidents
All motorcycle riders under 18 in Ohio are required to wear a helmet, as are riders with a “novice license.” Helmets are only 37% effective for drivers and 41% effective for passengers in preventing fatal injuries. Did you know that in 2011, 4,612 motorcyclists were killed, while 81,000 were injured nationwide? The risk is high for riders, and it’s vital that you go to an experienced and dedicated law firm to represent you if you are involved in a motorcycle accident.
Get in touch with a team of veteran motorcycle accident attorneys today! If you were injured in a motorcycle accident in Northwest Ohio, call Contrada & Associates at 419.841.4400 or contact us online to set up a free consultation about your case.